We are looking for positive and supportive individuals to join our team within the Stamford Area as Relief Support Workers, to provide support to 3 young men with a learning disability in their own home.
If you are looking for a job where you have the flexibility to choose when to work, then this is the role for you. As a Relief Support Worker you will be working as and when required. This means you won't be contracted to any set hours but will be able to work hours to suit you depending on your availability. Working times will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins so you would need to be flexible in order to cover a range of shifts.
We put the people we support at the heart of Mencap and we make sure that they are as equally involved with the recruitment process as our recruitment team. We feel this is imperative in ensuring they receive a tailored and relevant service.
You will need to be pro-active, have strong interpersonal skills; and be unafraid to let your personality shine through. Our best support workers demonstrate the ability to build true and meaningful relationships; whilst being able to adapt their delivery as necessary to the individual.
The role itself will involve the following:
- Supporting individuals with health and dietary needs
- Ensuring each individuals personal hygiene and care needs are met
- Assisting the people we support with their finances such as a budgeting, utility bills and saving for that special thing someone would like to do
- Helping the person understand any written communications and helping them action them
- Promoting healthy eating and help with planning, preparing and cooking meals
- Attending appointments and social activities
The men we support are very active and enjoy social activities such as attending football games, and because of this the successful applicants will need to have a driving licence and be prepared to drive the vehicles of the people we support in order to take them to their social activities and appointments.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job ID 12387
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job