Mencap provide housing options tailored to meet the needs of people with a learning disability in the Southern Area Service.
We are looking for Relief Support Workers for our Banbridge and Keady services.
Relief Support Workers have the flexibility to choose when to work depending on their availability and the hours on offer. This role is suited to someone who has another job and is looking for extra hours, someone who is looking for flexibility in a job or a parent who wants to be able to work around school hours or holidays. Working times will vary with shifts spread across the weekdays, weekends and bank holidays including mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins (sleep ins are paid at a competitive rate in line with the NMW regulations).
As a Relief Support Worker, part of your role will be to provide support with daily living skills including cooking, cleaning, personal care, managing finances, going out into the community or visiting family. It is important for the people we support to live life as they choose and achieve the things that are important to them. At Mencap, our support teams support and enable the people we choose to make decisions on matters that concern them including how they would like to be supported, places to visit, what to wear or what meals to have.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job