This fun and varied role involves working in a team of Support Workers in our supported living services where we support adults with a learning disability in their own homes.
As part of your role you will help support and arrange activities for the people we support as well as provide support with personal care and administering medication. You'll help arrange their pastimes, social activities, outings and events and help maintain their personal interests - vital to promoting their independence - as well as enhancing their involvement with family, friends and the local community.
Working times will vary including mornings, afternoons and evenings spread across the weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. Working as a Relief Support Worker allows you the flexibility to choose when you work depending on the hours being offered to you.
Come join our team and make a positive difference in the life of someone with a learning disability!
* An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate ( Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 12690
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.