We are currently recruiting for caring, enthusiastic and honest individuals to join us as Relief Support Workers in our services in Sawston. Relief workers form a vital part of our workforce supporting people with a learning disability when their Support workers are on training or leave.
If you are looking for a job where you have the flexibility to choose when to work, then this is the role for you. As a Relief Support Worker you will be working as and when required. This means you won't be contracted to any set of hours but will be able to work more or less hours depending on the hours being offered to you and your availability. Working times will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins.
The role of a Relief Support Worker is challenging, varied and rewarding. You will enable the people we support to achieve their goals and ambitions. Duties will vary and may include providing support with cooking, cleaning, managing finances, attending health appointments, personal care or going out into the community.
If you are self-motivated, can also work well as a part of a team and are looking for the flexibility that relief work can offer then we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 12188
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job