Relief Support Worker - Redhill
We are currently recruiting for caring, enthusiastic and honest individuals to join us as Relief Support Workers in our service in Redhill where we support people with a learning disability to enable them to achieve their goals and ambitions in life.
Within the Redhill service we support 10 people across 6 flats, with the aim to promote independence and to develop and maintain each individuals skills.
If you are looking for a job where you have the flexibility to choose when to work, then this is the role for you. As a Relief Support Worker you will be working as and when required. This means you won't be contracted to any set of hours but will be able to work the hours being offered to you subject to your availability. A degree of flexibility will be required however as working times will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins.
The role of a Relief Support Worker can be challenging but is always varied and very rewarding. Duties will vary and may include providing support with cooking, cleaning, managing finances, attending health appointments, personal care or going out into the community.
If you are self-motivated, can also work well as a part of a team and are looking for the flexibility that relief work can offer then we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 12639
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
- support worker
- care worker