We have a variety of opportunities for Relief Support Workers to join us at our teams in Plymouth. Relief hours are offered as and when required by the service and you will be required to cover more than one service.
Your support will contribute to maximising the independent living skills for the people we support. You will support them to get involved in cooking, cleaning, shopping and leisure activities throughout the day as well as personal care. You must be willing to work flexibly across a variety of shift patterns including mornings, afternoons, weekends and bank holidays. Experience within the care sector is an advantage but not a necessity as full training will be provided.
This is a hugely rewarding role. One of our Support Workers has said: "Being able to go to work every day and bring a smile to someone's face and help them achieve goals in their daily life is the most rewarding feeling in the world".
If you can work in a people orientated role, are a caring person who enjoys enabling people to achieve their life goals and aspirations we would love to hear from you.
Driving licence essential for the purposes of this role
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
Job reference - 12694
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
- support worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job