Our Melverley Respite Service, located in the picturesque village of Llanrwst, has been supporting individuals and their families for 25 years. We are looking for an enthusiastic Support Worker who would like to be a part of a warm and welcoming environment. We provide short-term temporary breaks for people with a learning disability and their families and the support required does vary dependent on the person we are supporting.
You could be doing anything from going walking, going to the pub to play pool or you may even support people to cook their meals. We do have a mini bus so can gain access to the community when required.
Most of the people we support attend day centers or work during the day which would mean the majority of the shifts would be in the morning (7:00 - 11:00) or in the evenings (15:00 - 22:30), however on occasion we would provide some support during the day. You must be willing to work some weekends and be able to drive. You must be able to do sleep ins and the occasional waking night.
You will need to have:
• Good people skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to complete paperwork.
• A full drivers licence is essential to be considered for this position.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If you feel that this would be the perfect job for you, then we would love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to click the pink 'Apply' button to transfer you through to the application process.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job