Are you a person who likes variety? We are looking for individuals to join our teams across our services within Cambridge to support individuals who have a learning disability.
The individuals we support within these service all require different levels of support with various day to day tasks. This means no one day is the same!! You will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging the people we support and provide such things as shopping, cooking, eating and drinking, laundry, personal care, cleaning, finances, medication administration. This role could involve anything from supporting with budgeting and housing needs to showcasing your sense of fun at the bowling alley!
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If you think that the variety of this role will suit you, we want you on our team. Support is required across mornings, day time and evenings as well as weekends and bank holidays. Come and start your new adventure with us and work the hours that you choose!!!
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate which is paid for by Mencap.
Job Reference 12186
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.