We provide support to people who have a learning disability in Kidlington who live in their own homes in the community.
As a Relief Support Worker, you will have the flexibility to choose when you work, depending on hours available and can fit your hours around another job, kids and personal life. Work hours will be spread across weekdays and weekends, mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights (either sleep in/wake which are paid at competitive rate). You will need to be able to work across a range of different days and shift patterns, including some sleep in shifts (Payment for sleep ins is compliant with National Living Wage).
You will be responsible for the day to day livelihood of these individuals and will help with medication, finances and daily living tasks. Being a support worker isn't just about making day to day life great, it's about being a part of the fun! Creating memories is a very rewarding part of being a support worker.
The people we support have created profiles about what they want from their support worker, please have a look at this on the additional details tab.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job Reference 12323
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
- Relief Support Worker - Kidlington