The Royal Mencap society`s person centred, professional team in the Conwy area are looking for a responsible and motivated Relief Support Worker to join them to support Adults with a range of needs on an ad-hoc basis.
Relief Support Workers will be on a 0 hour contract which means you can work the hours you want, this means that together we can be really flexible to meet both yours and the people we support`s requirements.
You will be supporting adults with a learning disability to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities. You will help them to lead the life they choose. We focus on person centred support, tailored to individual`s needs.
You will need to have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to complete paperwork
- A willingness to participate in sleep-ins is highly desirable
- A full drivers licence and a willingness to take out business insurance is essential for this position
One of the most amazing things about being a Relief Support Worker is that you can be extremely flexible and anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS is required for successful candidates (paid for by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job