Super Carers needed!
Would you like to make a significant impact on someone's life? We are looking for fun, dynamic and dedicated Relief Support Workers for our Service in Burgess Hill & outreach in the surrounding areas.
Relief work gives you the option to work when you want to work. Shifts are rota based and will be spread across morning, afternoons, evenings and include sleep-ins. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across weekdays and weekends.
There are a number of things that are important to the people within the service - one person we support said that they like to be involved with things within the house, go out with friends and listen to music - who doesn't enjoy relaxing to their favourite artist? Furthermore, another person we support explained a number of things as being important to them, in particular, they have a real interest in all things arts & crafts - so a creative side would be a really positive.
The people we support require respect, patience and a proactive approach to supporting them. This patience will allow you to make a real difference to their lives. Do you think you have what it takes?
As a Relief Support Worker, all you'll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people within our service, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job reference 11652
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.