If you are looking for a role where you can become a valued member of the team, make a difference to people's lives and go home feeling rewarded then this is the opportunity for you. We are looking to recruit Relief Support Workers to support individuals with a learning disability, in supporting them to make their day to day decisions and tasks achievable.
We put the people we support at the heart of Mencap and we make sure that they are as equally involved with the recruitment process as our recruitment team. We feel this is imperative in ensuring they receive a tailored and relevant service.
You will need to be pro-active, have strong interpersonal skills; and be unafraid to let your personality shine through. Our best support workers demonstrate the ability to build true and meaningful relationships; whilst being able to adapt their delivery as necessary to the individual. This could involve anything from supporting with budgeting and housing needs to showcasing your sense of fun at the bowling alley!
Your main responsibilities will be to make the day to day decisions easier for the people we support. This particular role involves working with a number of individuals with learning disabilities; and as such; being able to work with a number of personalities. An example of some of your duties are listed below:
- Maintaining personal hygiene and care needs
- Finances such as a budgeting, utility bills and saving for that special thing someone would like to do
- Helping the person understand any written communications and helping them action them
- Promoting healthy eating and help with planning, preparing and cooking meals
- Attending appointments and social activities
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
An Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.