Do you have what it takes to make a positive difference to someone's life?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, upbeat Relief Support Workers to join our registered service which is home to 6 people with learning disability.
The people we support are fun-loving and a pleasure to support. Some of the activities they enjoy include visiting coffee shops, shopping, bowling, cinema, massages and going out for meals. Your role as support worker will be to encourage them to try new things, as well as help them with their daily activities which include: preparing meals, helping them to manage finances, personal care and accompanying them within the local community.
As this is a Relief position this means you will be able to work hours that best suit you. Shifts will be varied to include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Therefore, it is essential you are flexible to meet the requirements of our service.
You don't need any qualification but you will need to be a self - motivated, strong positive, caring attitude and be a good team player who has a 'get up and go' attitude. If you are looking for a role where no two days are the same and where you can make a real difference in the life of someone with learning disability, then please apply today.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job reference 12306
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.