Interaction Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Sous chef on behalf of our client a a central cambridge college. The ideal candidate will have experience cooking imaginative food within a seven day operation that experiences busy periods. The general hours will be 40-50 based on a 5 day week with an hourly rate of 14-16 pounds per hour depending on experience.
The role is lasting a minimum of 6 weeks.
The client is looking for the suitable candidate to start asap.
Duties Involved in the Role:
- To prepare, cook and present food for customers
- Undergo kitchen management including stock control, haccap and general office related duties
- Ensure that high standards are maintained in the quality of food, both as to its preparation and presentation
- Provision of food preparation cover within the kitchen; including preparation of food, ingredients and commodities in all areas throughout the kitchen, in readiness for cooking
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are adhered to
- Receipt and storage of provisions; monitoring stock rotation and ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly
- Provision of cover in the absence of other section Chefs
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To ensure that the cleaning schedule is adhered to
- To undertake further training when required
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
To apply for this role send your C.V to will blower or call /