Relief Head Chef - 32 hrs over 4 days out of 7
Relief Head Chef
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Are you looking for the next step to progress your career, an opportunity to grow and develop within our highly successful, award winning independent company?
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Relief Chef within the Health and Social Sector to cover the Newbury area
Rg14 2PP and a 20 mile radius
Hours: 32hrs working 4 out of 7 days per week to include some weekends and overtime if required
Salary £16,224 (£9.75 per Hour)
Mileage will be paid
We are looking for a strong, commercially minded Relief Chef with excellent knowledge of the health and social care sector. Working under the guidance of an Area Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
Second Chef Purpose:
- Ensure succinct provision of a full service to Care, Social Care sites as part of the Caterplus brand.
- Managing staff.
- Controlling a tight budget.
- Attending training courses, as required
- Stock auditing.
- Ordering and inducting new staff.
- Ensure engagement with clients, customers and residents where appropriate.
- Ensure support provided to care facilities as there will be a requirement to support some evening and weekend activities.
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/1 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Health and Social Care Sector is essential.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- You will also be IT proficient.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand nutritional guidelines.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
- Demonstrates confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Competitive salary package
- Company sick pay scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Long Service awards
- Fantastic Career Development opportunities
- Annual Salon Culinaire
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
The ideal Relief Chef candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company. Immediate start available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job