We have relief positions for Female Support Workers in the Stowmarket area. We are interested in applicants who want to join our relief bank to work 'as and when' hours. This would be suitable for someone who likes to choose when they work.
Typical shift times:
10pm - 10am (Sleep-in) 7am - 10pm
7am - 3pm, 10am - 6pm, 11pm - 8pm, 4pm - 9pm
You will be joining a well organised and extremely friendly team who strive to pride the very best person-centred care across all areas of the service. The people that we support require different types of assistance from personal care through to encouragement and enablement.
Some of the more fun activities could include: Going to social clubs, swimming, playing snooker, getting out and about in the community, cooking, cleaning and general household tasks. You could even plan & support on a holiday with some of the people we support.
Key Role Requirements:
• Willingness to provide personal care when needed is essential.
• A driver's licence is essential
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate which is paid for by Mencap
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Job reference 12242
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.