We are looking to recruit a number of relief drivers to work at our Hayling Island depot in Hampshire, these drivers are an important part of our team and help us to cover peak periods in our business along with holidays and sickness.
Hours can be as few or as many as you like and whether its family commitments you need to work around or are retired and would like to do something with your time this could be the perfect solution for you.
Our existing relief driver network come from many backgrounds, part time firemen, ex-servicemen and indeed from all walks of life.
We hold a varied fleet of cars including commercial vehicles, people carriers, 4x4s, Sports and Prestige. We require responsible drivers to safely deliver these vehicles to our Nationwide clientele and this is where our relief drivers play a key part.
As a driver you are the 'face’ of our company and as such customer service delivery is paramount. Our clients are often happy and reassured to meet our drivers. Statistically you will have an accident every 7 years and a car is the second biggest investment most people make - a KAM driver has a huge part to play in reassuring our clients that we will deal with their claim efficiently.
We offer great career progression available at depot level, all our existing depot manager network started life at KAM as drivers. We often promote the relief drivers looking for a permanent job to become 3.5t or 7.5t car transporter drivers. We will sponsor all costs for driver CPC qualifications and have sponsored drivers to obtain their category C1 license
In addition to your salary you will get....
- Uniform provided including safety shoes
- Mobile phone and Sat Nav provided for business use
- Shell fuel card provided for business use -we allow drivers to obtain a personal loyalty card to obtain reward points
Duties will include....
- Assisting in the preparation of hire fleet vehicles to a high standard for delivery to customers, adhering to the relevant procedures and completing all required documents.
- Ensuring that vehicles required for the following days deliveries are accounted for and prepared
- Ensuring that the depot parking area remains organised at all times with different vehicles allocated different areas as directed by the depot management.
- Preparation of the yard in order for easy access for collection of vehicles by salvage agents or other Kindertons employees when appropriate.
- Assisting depot administrators in dealing with damaged fleet vehicles by photographing those vehicles and taking for estimate and the designated fleet repairer.
- Assisting in deliveries, collections or vehicles swaps as and when required by depot management.
- Working as part of a team, attending team meetings and contributing where appropriate.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by line manager.
We pay £7.50 per hour for a relief driver.
Why not apply and join our friendly team.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job