Applicants must be in sympathy with our Christian ethos and values, but are not required to share our faith.
11 Church Hill
From £8.45 to £8.45
The general task required of Relief Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
1. Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
2. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
3. Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
4. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
5. Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
6. Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
7. Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
8. Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
9. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
10. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
11. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards & criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job