Are you looking to start a career in the catering sector? Could you assist the cook to create a nutritional menu to cater for our customers dietary requirements? Our assistant cooks are an essential part of our catering team working to provide nutritious and well balanced meals for everyone to enjoy.
As an Assistant Cook within our home you will be given the opportunity to learn a range of new skills from our experienced catering team, alongside the chance to obtain nationally recognised qualifications to help you on your career journey.
To join our team we are looking for:
• An individual with previous catering experience
• Someone who is willing to assist with catering events
• Availability to work alternate weekends
• Someone who is able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
• Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
• Structured career path and progression opportunities
• An employer contribution pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• 28 days annual leave
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
• Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
• Refer a Friend Scheme
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team on.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job