Reliability & Maintainability Engineer - Aerospace manufacturing
- £36 - £40k doe
- Excellent Benefits
My client, a world class manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Reliability & Maintainability Engineer working in the Design Support department. The role will involve determining the reliability, maintainability and safety of the product and in so doing will oversee the design activity to ensure reliability and maintainability specifications are met and systems are safe to operate
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct assessments using an analytical approach to ensure reliability, maintainability and safety of design.
- Produce computational predictions regarding reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Produce and present documentation detailing assessment outputs for both internal use and the customer.
- Participate in the IPT (Integrated Product Team) process; represent the function
- Achieve closure- FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System).
- Data acquisition management and maintenance.
- Revise and test quality of processes where appropriate.
- Review mechanical and electronic drawings.
- Perform Marginality of Success analyses on hardware subjected to testing and report accordingly.
- Understand customer requirements and end-user's maintenance concept in accordance with customer provided specification / statement of work.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2.1 Degree in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Good problem solving / investigative skills
- Strong numerical and verbal skills
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills
- Comprehensive data analysis skills
- Highly IT literate (Access, Excel, SAP, Word, Powerpoint)
- Extensive experience in writing technical documents/reports
- Attention to Detail - thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and others.
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Through experience in working with the design of electro-mechanical systems.
- General experience of working and participating in a matrix team structure (Integrated Product Team).
- Thorough experience in developing design changes to incorporate Maintainability and Reliability
- features in a similar environment (Aerospace / Defence).
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
- Data Acquisition