The Release Manager will work to ensure an optimised release management strategy is defined and executed.
The successful candidate will ensure that the release management strategy is aligned to realise the projected benefit.
In addition, the Release Manager shall work closely with internal IT technical stakeholders (Development, Test, Code Release Management and Project Managers) to ensure that the internal scheduling, development, testing and release methodologies are aligned to deliver the most efficient release strategy.
Ensure releases are structured to:
- Deliver optimised Business Value
- Deliver in line with the agreed Business Roadmap
- Minimise constraints due to development conflicts and interdependencies.
- Identify interdependencies between elements of multiple IT streams and ensure such interdependencies are identified and managed as early as possible.
- Design a release schedule that minimises manual regression testing
- Facilitate efficiencies in business acceptance testing through the delivery of testable software from multiple different IT streams
Work with the business programme manager and individual business project managers to:
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation is given to each requirement
- Identify relationships and interdependencies between requirements in different streams
- Identify optimised release strategy to maximise the efficiency of Acceptance Testing
- Ensure that appropriate Change Control process is adhered to, which facilitates impact analysis, from a release management point of view.
Skills / Experience:
- Solid technical experience of release management and release engineer’s methodologies
- Understanding of a variety of software development lifecycles, particularly waterfall and iterative/agile/scaled agile
- Knowledge of Java and/or PLSQL/Oracle technologies
- Previous experience as Release Management professional
- Past experience in large-scale, multi-stream, multi-location programmes of work
- Experience in Financial services companies (ideally Insurance)
If you are interested in discussing this role please forward a copy of your CV to us with your availability and daily rate expectations for a 6-month role.
- Financial Services
- Release Management