A Central London gaming company are seeking a Release Manager/System Admin responsible for supporting the development and test teams with administration of all system and application environments. The post holder will also be responsible for application and website release management to existing and new clients test, staging and production environments in line with standard procedures. The post holder will report to the Head of Software Delivery and will work closely with the other teams i.e. (Support teams, Development Leads and Project Managers).
• IT infrastructure administration and server support in high availability Java and web hosting environments
• Release management of applications and websites on variants of Linux servers using Java, Ruby, Apache and Tomcat including database schema patches
• Assist with incident and problem management to resolve issues related to Linux infrastructure and SQL databases including Oracle and PostGreSQL.
• Monitor applications, databases and infrastructure using industry standard tools, taking corrective actions and where possible pre-emptive steps to avoid such issues in future
• Receiving requests for deployments from Delivery and Project Managers
• Release repository and source control management
• Management of software build and deployment systems
• Proven extensive experience of Linux, Oracle SQL
• Experience with working in software development life cycles (SDLC)
• Prior experience of administration and monitoring of Tomcat/Java/J2EE applications
• Proven use of continuous deployment and build software such as Jenkins, Maven
• Analytical Skills - proven ability to acquire an understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts