A Release Manager(Software) is required to join the Construction Industry's foremost software company. Our client is the leading IT systems and services provider specialising in the construction and house building markets. With offices across the world, the company is a global software business with an established presence in the UK, USA, Australia and Asia.
The Release Manager is a key role in the Global Product Team and reports into the Global Product Director. The Global Product team is responsible for delivering the construction industry's leading software application to over 60,000 end users daily. The Release Manager will manage product releases for the companies' core product, cloud based product and mobile products. He or She must possess a unique blend of Project Management and Product Management as well as business and technical expertise.
Duties of the Release Manager
- Work with the Internal Product Design teams to understand and agree the scope of the release and the relative priorities of the projects that comprise it.
- Ensure that major projects which meet the necessary criteria are progressed within the release.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Departmental heads as required to obtain the necessary resources for Unit & Regression Testing, Technical Services, and Support for the above major projects.
- To construct a release plan that covers, at an appropriate level, the projects included in the release, plus any release specific activities (e.g. documentation, unit testing, regression testing, technical QA, release notes, product sheets, update of website etc.)
- Baseline the release plan and publish scope and timescales (i.e. the list of projects included and the completion date of each together with the planned release date) and agree any remedial action if necessary to record/control/action/resolve/mitigate release issues and risks
- Work with the departmental heads as required to ensure the provision of consultants for release-specific activities remain on schedule according to the release plan and agree any remedial action if necessary to record/control/action/resolve/mitigate release issues and risks
- Perform change control activities against the baseline plan and project list, identifying and escalating any deviations
- Produce standard regular management reporting summarizing status, progress vs plan, risks and issues, financials etc. etc. to all stakeholders.
- To introduce new or amend existing release processes to ensure only quality product is shipped to clients.
- Ensure the different releases are signed off by all stakeholders prior to delivery to clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, Solid understanding of project management principles preferred
- Experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred - PRINCE2
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Effective leadership, analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, Word and MS Project
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Please apply directly to Rainford Berry Ltd
- Project Manager