Our client are a global business-to-business information company that informs and connects the business world in 150 countries through market-leading Exhibitions & Festivals and Information Services.
Our focused portfolio of premium brands includes the prestigious Cannes Lions festival for the branded communications industry, the world's premier payments and financial services congress Money20/20, Spring Fair/Autumn Fair, the global fashion trend forecasting service WGSN, environmental risk data business Groundsure, e-commerce analytics provider One Click Retail and advisory and business services firm, MediaLink.
The Salesforce Release Manager will own the Release Management lifecycle and strategy which includes scheduling, coordinating and governance of releases across the multiple Salesforce instances across various Company brands.
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
- Ensuring change is catalogued
- Publishing release information
- Manage and improve release quality (continuous improvement)
- Manage online releases across all channels
- Chair and manage planning sessions
- Put in place metrics to measure improvement process
- Manage release reporting
- Release package testing to predefined acceptance criteria
- Ensures teams follow the organisation’s established policies and procedures
- Lead the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Signs off the release package for implementation
- Ensures coordination of Architecture, CRM Ops, QA and release teams
- Building the Salesforce Release Calendar in working closely with the CRM managers and BAM from different brands and centralizing view of all releases.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Deals with release and the installation of any new managed packaged
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- 2+ years’ experience in Release Management
- 2+ years’ experience working with tools such as; Jenkins and Github, Jira
- 2+ years’ experience in working with migration tools such as; Change sets
- 1+ years’ experience in working with Salesforce and the force.com platform
- Experience working with large Salesforce.com deployments
- Salesforce administration experience (security; permission sets, page layouts)
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrates effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Release Management