Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right banking professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are now recruiting a Business Banking Team Manager to provide leadership for our business lending to the Social and Cultural sectors. Your leadership will help deliver growth and diversity to our lending and services in the Social and Cultural sectors across the UK, whilst extending the Bank’s mission and impact.
Reporting to the Head of Business Banking (UK), you will be dealing directly with existing and potential borrowers, business introducers and account holders. You will undertake credit assessment, management and monitoring of customers and develop markets for our lending and banking services. You are expected to represent the bank through a high external profile.
It is anticipated the role will be based in our Bristol head office a minimum of 2 days/week, with the remainder spent supporting your team, at customer visits and events. Therefore, you can be based anywhere within the South of England, as long as you are able to commute to Bristol at least 2 days per week.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Leading strategy development for our lending and business services within the Social and Cultural sectors across the UK. This includes health and social care, social housing, faith groups, education, arts & culture organisations, and charities and social enterprises
- Inspiring and managing the performance and development of a team of 7 Relationship and Senior Relationship Managers in Bristol and other locations including London and Edinburgh
- Playing an active role in the Business Banking management team
- Incorporating clear planning and use of supporting resources, and identifying future challenges and opportunities
- Actively developing new business in the team’s area of responsibility and expanding the Bank’s lending and banking services including working with third parties Identifying potential new sectors/subsectors for lending, commissioning of market research, and developing sector papers and lending criteria
- Delivering new lending, interest income and fees as agreed within the budget
- Providing and interpreting clear, accurate and relevant MI
- Representing the Bank as an authoritative and informed expert, in the media and at events, with sector associations and policy makers
- Working co-operatively with other Bank departments to maximise business opportunities for the Bank as a whole
- Defining the supporting resources needed from Marketing/Communications and managers who are remote from Bristol, ensuring they are effectively delivered
- Direct management of key relationships, particularly our most complex, high exposure or high-profile borrowers
- Acting as Special Asset Manager on distressed loans from your team in support of the Credit function
- Ensuring borrower annual reviews are completed within specified timescales and bad debt provisions are kept within the budgeted level
- Providing oversight of the quality of large credit proposals from your team
- Involvement in the Bank’s credit committee decision-making as required
To be successful in this role, you will possess extensive experience in UK commercial lending including charities, social enterprises and businesses, with an ability to inspire and develop a team of relationship managers, as well as a successful track record in developing strategy in the context of the bank’s mission and business objectives, and a competitive marketplace. You will have advanced lending analysis and financial assessment skills including experience of development projects, complex deal structuring, projections and cash-flows, and preparation of high quality credit proposals.
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will receive a competitive basic of up to £75,000 depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 5% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance - x 4 basic pay
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance - £100 a year Vitality Leave - After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A car allowance subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and childcare vouchers
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Triodos and be suitable for the role, including salary expectations.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
- Business Development
- Commercial Lending
- Private Banking
- Retail Banking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job