Reinsurance Technician - 18 to 20 month FTC
About the Company:
Leading reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organisations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialised product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world.
About the Role:
Insurance or Reinsurance professional with experience and technical knowledge of either major or commercial lines of business within a technical insurance capacity. Busy and skilled role which offers full end-to-end responsibility of a client portfolio as part of a global business that works with clients of all sizes to define, design and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk.
They are currently seeking experienced and entry level Insurance or Reinsurance professionals as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in Witham to support a client base through transactional processing, securing reinsurance recoveries and through timely and accurate system entry.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned client portfolio, taking full end-to-end responsibility of technical duties relating to client accounts, premiums and claims. Also covering excess of loss and pro rata business or alternatively binder and facultative risks types.
- Assess and submit client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications
- Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds
- Manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter, either within the Insurance or Reinsurance sectors
- Successful management of workload; with an ability to manage expectations of all clients and stakeholders
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with clients, market contacts and colleagues in a professional manner
- ·Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'