Reinsurance Placement Officer
Negotiable Salary + 25% bonus
We are recruiting a Reinsurance Placement Officer on behalf of an established, highly regarded Global Insurer. Working in a collaborative, non-hierarchical team of 6, you will be responsible for leading and managing key reinsurance placements.
As part of the Ceded Reinsurance Placement team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design of, and placement process for, key reinsurance placements (submission preparation, contract review, contract negotiation, handover to Ceded Re operations, etc.).
- Leading negotiations to secure competitive terms, structure and pricing. Ensuring contracts reflect negotiated terms, comprehensive coverage and the most cutting edge terms and conditions available in the market. Ensuring negotiations conclude successfully on or before treaty expiration.
- Strategizing, building strong relationships and partnering with Actuarial, Finance, Accounting, Underwriting and Business Group Heads to build reinsurance programs that meet risk appetite, underwriting and capacity objectives.
- Building relationships inside and outside the enterprise to understand and foster their business objectives.
- Helping ensure that all related parties understand the programs, from operational through to underwriting.
- Serving as a strategic member of the Ceded Reinsurance Placement Team. Collaborating closely with the Global Head of Placement and the Senior Placement Officers to drive innovation and continuous improvement, for Placements, processes and approach.
- Presenting relevant analysis and options to management and recommending solutions which result in effective reinsurance purchasing decisions.
- Leading strategic projects as they arise.
The role will suit someone from a Underwriting, Broking or Reinsurance Placement background (with at least 5 years' experience). Interested candidates must have strong numerical and analytical skills, ideally coupled with an Analytical Degree, A Levels or qualified by experience.
Dependant on the background of the successful candidates, you will either take a leading role in placing the reinsurance of CAT risks or be developed to do so.