Reinsurance Claims Adjuster
Casualty / Treaty Claims
About the Company:
A fortune 500 company with over 60 offices in 20+ countries, is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory and investment operations around the world.
About the Role:
The Claims department aim to be market-leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to our brokers and clients.
The Reinsurance claims team handles a broad range of UK and International claims within three main sectors; International Casualty Treaty, Property Treaty, and A&H Treaty. The International Casualty Treaty account includes general liability, professional indemnity, directors' and officers' liability and medical malpractice.
Duties and accountabilities
- Primarily manage all Casualty treaty claims as well as providing support for the reinsurance portfolio as and where required.
- Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer focused approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, honest and personable communications with all brokers and (re)insureds.
- Review workloads and claim counts regularly and escalate any concerns you have trough your management reporting line.
- Manage potentially significant claims in line with the Claims Handling Manual and escalate any issues where appropriate.
- Be market facing and able to represent the company in market meetings and individual claim settlement negotiations.
- Account management including assistance in audits and providing account and class of business MI to underwriting.
- Provide large loss narratives and update watchlist claims for significant losses on a regular basis
- Monitor and report on all bodily injury claims impacted by discount rate movement
- Provide high quality commentary on the weekly movements, monthly and quarterly reports to the Claims Director, highlighting significant new notifications, claim trends or developments.
Key knowledge and experience
- Have a working knowledge of the claims environment and be an experienced claims practitioner with relevant London Market experience
- Be customer focused, in particular to understand the importance of the quality, clarity and speed of service delivery.
- Experience handling a wide variety of reinsurance claims, ideally with a strong background in general liability. Motor experience beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in bodily injury claims and reserving including impact of applicable discount rate.
- Review workloads and claim counts regularly and escalate any concerns you have to your Claims Manager
- Professional and comfortable in representing the company at market and client meetings
- Have strong written and spoken communication skills in the English language