We are currently seeking a Rehabilitation Assistant to join our team at Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre, located in South East London.
Working with The Huntercombe Group is rewarding and varied. Through our “Conversation into Action” programme we actively encourage our employees to get involved and to drive organisational change for the better.
Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre – London, SE10
The centre provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years), specialising in the treatment of patients with a primary cognitive or behavioural impairment resulting from a brain injury or other complex neurologicalcondition.
Throughout their stay with us, our patients are encouraged to make individual choices about all aspects of life at the centre and to be as independent as possible.
The centre is located in South East London close to Blackheath and Lewisham, directly on the A2 with Greenwich, Lewisham and Blackheath stations all close by.
At Huntercombe, our Rehabilitation Assistants do something extraordinary every day. They make a difference to the lives of children and adults with complex needs such as mental health conditions, learning difficulties or brain injuries.
We’re looking for caring and committed individuals who want to work with a company that understands how important Rehabilitation Assistants are to our patients/residents recovery.
Many of our patients arrive with complex and challenging needs. Huntercombe Rehabilitation Assistants work in small teams with nurses, doctors, therapists and other experts, and together they make a world of difference to people’s lives.
When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Rehabilitation Assistant, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Rehabilitation Assistant working in our Specialist Brain Injury and Neurological Care Services your main duties will be:
- To assist the senior trained staff in their day-to-day duties and clinical related tasks
- Maintaining and developing a high standard of care for our patients/residents by being aware of their individual needs and care programmes
- Contributing towards effective communication, by reporting to the nurse in charge any information given by the patient/resident or relative of any incident or observation which may affect our patients physical/mental well-being
- Providing practical assistance to our patients/residents in carrying out everyday living tasks whilst encouraging them to develop their daily living skills and realising their potential to live as independently as they find possible
- To be actively involved with the day to day routine in individual and group activities
- To practice within a legal framework encompassing statutory, organisational policy and guidelines
To Join The Huntercombe Group as Rehabilitation Assistant you will be:
- Empathetic and have a desire to make a difference
- Passionate about forming therapeutic relationships
- Committed to a person-centred approach to recovery
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a dedicated team
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- An effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
- Willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Legally entitled to work in the UK
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunity to train to become a nurse through our ‘grow our own’ nurses programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'