Your new company
The Huntercombe Group are specialists in the treatment of mental health problems, learning disabilities and brain injury. They provide help and support to children, young people and adults with mental illnesses or learning difficulties, and people recover and rehabilitate having acquired brain injuries. Their award-winning medical teams, therapists and carers are expert at what they do. If you’re looking for a career in mental health support work, there truly is no better provider to work for.
Your new role
As a Rehab Assistant you will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional levels of day to day support and rehabilitation to patients with Acquired Brain Injuries at The Huntercombe Group hospital in Blackheath.
- You will be actively involved in engaging in daily activities, educational programmes, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities, as outlined in individual rehabilitation and care plans.
- You will ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of patients, colleagues and members of the public are maintained at all times.
- You will need to have a naturally caring and supportive nature.
- You will need to possess some understanding of care, support and rehab services.
- You will need to be comfortable to work with people showing challenging behaviour.
- Previous experience of working within a similar care or support setting is an advantage but not essential.
- It is absolutely essential that you are able to shift work, including days, nights and weekends on a rolling rota.
- You will be working for one of the UKs leading providers of mental health support and rehabilitation while having a genuine positive effect on the lives and futures of those patients under your care.
- You will receive a competitive starting salary of £8.45 per hour based on a 36.625 hour working week.
- You will be given access to and supported with excellent further professional training and career development opportunities.
- A benefits package that includes a generous annual leave entitlement, a contributory pension scheme and a range of staff discounts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.