Regulatory Technical Specialist
Salary: GBP 40,000 - GBP 45,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for Regulatory Technical Specialist to join their existing team.
This job is a key position with responsibility for ensuring that the company meets its obligations to deliver effective self-regulation. As well as providing senior case advice and direction on cases, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing future and current technical training needs, and supporting the implementation of standards. You will develop and deliver the induction and technical training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. You will work cross the Investigation Teams and get staff up to speed on all technical aspects of their roles so that this improves employee's skills, performance, productivity and quality of work. Additional duties may include representing and acting as an ambassador for the organisation in external engagement events and supporting the implementation of a risk based led assessment team.
- Work as part of the local senior management team by fully supporting the Head of Investigations in making sure the Business Plan and Objectives are delivered.
- Work collaboratively across Regulation Operations, and Global Regulatory Counsel to ensure a joined-up approach to regulation, enforcement and decision making.
- Develop and deliver induction and technical training across the function to develop staff technical knowledge, competence and skills.
- Provide timely technical advice and case direction to the Investigation Teams.
- Develop an excellent understanding of their Rules of Conduct, Professional Standards and By-Laws, and support the Investigation Teams in improving the quality of work produced.
- Review and improve the documents drafted by the Investigation Teams to make sure they are written to high quality standards, which are evidence based and demonstrate sound analysis of the issues.
- Report and share best practice to the Investigation Teams on regulatory and legislative changes (identified through networking and liaising with colleagues in UK and Global regions) which could impact the wider profession and members.
- Provide technical excellence within the Investigations function through the implementation of standards, quality controls and quality assurance reviews.
- To apply the relevant policies relating to risk management, health and safety, information security and business continuity.
- Establish credibility with firms, professionals and members, and internal stakeholders.
Key measures / achievements
- Provide the highest technical expertise and case direction on investigation casework to make sure consistent and proportionate action is taken based on risk.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive induction and technical training programme.
- Develops understanding of all areas of work.
- Ensures investigation casework meets KPI's and fulfils expectations of internal and external stakeholders, thereby supporting the company in meeting its corporate objectives.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and customer service excellence to deliver best in class regulatory and operational processes.
Skills & Experience
- Desirable, but not essential, some commercial awareness of the surveying industry and knowledge of the Rules of Conduct.
- Previous risk experience, ideally gained in dealing with risk, compliance and regulatory matters.
- Experience of developing, coaching and giving feedback skilfully to others is essential.
- Experience of drafting documents to high quality standards.
- Experience of managing or leading complex investigation, including taking ownership for decision making.
- Experience of influencing and constructively challenging internal and external stakeholders.
If you feel that this role is for you, please send your CV with a supporting statement (no more than 2 x A4 sides) which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 23 February 2018 at 17:00.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
- Previous risk experience
- ideally gained in dealing with risk
- compliance and regulatory matters.