Science Solutions are recruiting for a Regulatory Specialist for a leading chemicals / consumer goods manufacturer based in Manchester.
- Product & Chemical Safety Assessments
- Create formulation and finished goods safety data sheets in multiple languages.
- Conduct chemical formulation & finished goods safety assessments together with simulated exposure scenarios.
- Determine correct label elements to ensure regulatory compliance for the country of sale.
- Communicate relevant information to allow NPD teams to incorporate all necessary attributes into product design to ensure regulatory compliance in sales region.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure product regulatory compliance in region and country of sale.
- Remain up to date with all relevant legislation in region and country affecting products including but not limited to: REACH, GHS, CLP, Transport, Biocidal Products, Aerosol and Detergents regulations.
- Work closely with distributors to ensure regulatory compliance in region and country.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure relevant regulatory information is made available.
- General Responsibilities
- Gather, evaluate, organise and communicate regulatory information appropriately.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to internal and external customer requests for regulatory support.
- Interact and participate in all areas of the business to remain familiar with products and services. Manage change and lead regulatory based projects as appropriate.
- Conduct regular assessments of the industry environment and likely changes to establish potential business impact. Provide education throughout the business to communicate appropriate legislative developments and potential impact.
- Continuously review and seek to improve information creation and flow, systems & processes to ensure efficient servicing of internal and external customer requirements.
Knowledge and experience:
- Possess degree level education in relevant scientific area, chemistry preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a similar industry environment, preferably in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) with regulatory compliance responsibilities for the EMEA region.
- In depth knowledge of REACH, CLP, Detergent and Aerosol regulations. Practical experience of developing multi-lingual safety data sheets and product labels, with knowledge of the Safeware Quasar (GHS Pro) environment essential.
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor qualification essential (education will be provided).
- Awareness of product waste packaging regulations.
- Experience of SAP enterprise software environment preferred.
- IT literate Microsoft Office.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job