Regulatory Reporting Manager
Brighton, East Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Salary £60,000-65,000pa + 20% annual bonus (salary flexible)
Leading financial services organisation requires a qualified Accountant to lead their Reporting Team and oversee effective and compliant control of the organisation’s regulatory matters, and all capital and regulatory reporting. This individual will have full responsibility for 2 direct reports, one a qualified Reporting Accountant and one a late stage studier Finance Associate, and report into the Senior Finance Director.
This global business prides itself on their prominent global reputation and professional office environment. They also have an excellent attitude towards staff engagement and motivation. Having placed several people with this business over the past 7 years (of which nobody has ever left) I have only ever heard praise for the organisation. They also reward all staff with an attractive benefits package including a good pension scheme, good holiday allowance, health insurance and life cover, and a 20% annual performance bonus.
Overview of the role:
- Implement and monitor the departmental processes and procedures.
- Manage the everyday activity of the team to complete work compliantly and within budget.
- Regularly access the competence of direct reports to complete their responsibilities compliantly, and maintain appropriate evidence.
- Liaise with auditors to achieve effective sign-off.
- Provide assistance and support for any statutory UK GAAP and Group Reporting activities as requested or required.
- Complete and report on projects allocated by Exco.
- Preparation and review of Solvency II Pillar III quarterly and annual quantitative reporting templates for all regulated entities and the regulated group.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and ad hoc Standard Formula calculations for all regulated entities, the regulated group and potential acquisition opportunities.
- Manage the development of, and ongoing improvements in, all Solvency II reporting including improvements in control environment.
- Maintenance and updating of Solvency II Data Repository to support all reporting requirements.
- Preparation and review of qualitative narrative reporting as required under Solvency II.
- Liaise with auditors to achieve effective sign-off of Solvency II submissions.
- Maintain appropriate regulatory reporting and capital reporting process manuals and procedure notes.
- Prepare and review relevant components of ORSAs for all regulated entities, the regulated group and potential acquisition opportunities
- Preparation and review of other external and internal regulatory and capital reporting deliverables and management information as required
- Proactively review regulatory requirements, keeping up to date with developments.
- Qualified accountant.
- Good experience of general ledger systems, particularly Oracle and Hyperion.
- Regulation knowledge.
- Project management and risk management techniques.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job