Regulatory Manager - Econometrician
Base salary up to £65,000
Thames Water, the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, has partnered exclusively with Robert Walters to hire an experienced and motivated Regulatory Manager - Econometrician to join the team based in Reading.
Thames Water provides the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London, the Thames Valley and surrounding area. Investment has averaged over £1 billion per annum in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants; which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. The entire industry is currently transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
You will operate as a key player in the strategic & regulatory modelling team, providing high quality economic regulatory advice and analysis to senior management at executive and board level. This role works across the wider business to protect and enhance long-term interest.
Regulatory Manager key responsibilities:
- Leading projects by using detailed quantitative and econometric techniques to provide high quality specialist economic and regulatory advice and analysis on a wide range of economic regulatory issues
- Provide a source of economic expertise to assist the business in analysis of areas of complexity to ensure the business makes decisions based on robust quantitative analysis of the issues
- Communicate key findings from complex analysis to a wide range of audiences including senior managers and the executive team in a manner suitable for the audience
- Draft and manage responses to Ofwat consultations on economic and regulatory issues, particularly related to Ofwat's approach to retail cost assessment, and to engage actively across the industry on regulatory issues
- Provide particular economic expertise in areas of efficiency modelling, interpretation of willingness-to-pay data and development of outcome delivery
- Provide expert economic and quantitative advice and analysis on a range of issues to support the annual business planning cycle and to develop strategy and tactics for the quinquennial review of price controls
Regulatory Manager key requirements:
- A strong academic background in econometrics is essential (ideally to Ph.D or Masters level), plus thorough practical experience of economic analysis. You should be familiar with statistics and wider economic theory.
- You will be able to understand, build and run econometric models, supported by a clear ability to understand the underlying business process to which they relate. Data manipulation experience using statistical software useful (STATA and R)
- You will have a strong commercial awareness and mindset, with the ability to make logical and well thought out decisions. First class communication and presentational skills are key- including the ability to communicate complex regulatory issues to non-specialists
Salary up to £65k depending on experience and proven track record. Package includes a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an industry leading pension scheme and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service.
Robert Walters have been retained exclusively by Thames Valley any third party applications will be forwarded to us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job