Regulatory Manager £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East AB/J3507
An experienced regulatory manager for a global chemicals organisation is urgently ensure and maintain product compliance and provide Regulatory knowledge, leadership and support to the strategic business units (SBUs) within the EMEA business including but not limited to Europe, Middle East, Russia and other territories the business operates within. Anticipate (and where possible be involved in) relevant local changes in the Regulatory environment that leads to a forward looking, business driven strategy for the Global Regulatory function.
This is a senior level role with the responsibility of managing 3-4 direct reports and act as a focal point for escalation. Responsibility for the creation of a high compliance culture within the organisation.
- Ensure the function is providing superior Regulatory support to the SBU’s within the EMEA business including other functions within the organisation such as Operations, Purchasing, Technical Services, Sales and R&D.
- Respond to regulatory enquiries from customers both internal and external on products in a timely manner whilst building and maintaining key relationships and networks.
- Provide superior leadership as well as manage, motivate & monitor performance of Regulatory Specialists and their work.
- Submit any necessary registration / data to authorities to ensure freedom of movement of company products within the regions and compliance with local chemical Regulations
- Develop, manage, maintain appropriate processes, systems and information for the company’s products including raw materials.
- Maintain and keep on top of regulatory changes and communicate this to the rest of the Global Regulatory Function as well as to the business. Use this knowledge to provide guidance and support to the business as well as R&D function to ensure robust strategies are developed.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of compliance based solutions and procedures and manage information flow and control of change.
- Become a leading member of relevant industry associations to help shape and influence regulatory policy at a local level as well as raise awareness.
- Manage external third party external collaborations / regulatory service providers.
Assist in the formulation of company policy to ensure its products and product documentation comply with all current legislation.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD in a science related subject preferably chemistry or polymer chemistry
- Experience: Significant within the chemical industry.
- Experience of global chemical regulations such as GHS and implementation within Europe and other territories as well as chemical reforms and regulatory decision making.
- Experience of active participation in industry organisations to represent company positions and dialogue with regulatory agencies.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson, job ref AB/J3507 on
- Regulatory Affairs
- Regulatory Policy
- Regulatory Standards
- Chemical Industry
- Product Compliance