Regulatory Investigation Manager
Up to £40,000 based in Central Birmingham
This is a key position with a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide. They regulate and promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics. In this key role you will have responsibility for managing, leading and motivating a team of Investigators who will investigate reports of potential misconduct about firms, professionals, and members.
Supporting the Head of Investigations you will be responsible for delivering effective self-regulation, specifically by delivering high quality, transparent and robust regulatory investigations. They are currently building up a regulatory enforcement capability, including making substantial investment in an investigations team in order to ensure they can deliver effective regulation for the chartered surveying profession. You will be responsible for providing operational oversight, and excellent management on all cases in line with KPIs, and customer service standards. You will also be responsible for providing technical expertise and direction on cases, whilst making sure documentation drafted by the team is to high standards of quality.
* Develop a good understanding of Rules of Conduct, Professional Standards and By-Laws, and support the Regulatory Technical Advisors in improving the quality of work produced in the Investigation Teams.
* Identify any technical training needs for the team and develop training plans to improve team performance.
* Collate and analyse management information on performance in the team.
* Effectively manage the team and individuals providing clear communication and robustly managing performance.
* Review documents drafted by the team to make sure they are written to high quality standards, which are evidence based and demonstrate sound analysis of the issues.
* Work collaboratively across Regulation Operations and Global Regulatory Counsel to ensure a joined-up approach to regulation, enforcement and decision making.
You will need:
- Strong operational, leadership and management experience in regulation, compliance and risk.
- Experience of managing a team in a case working environment.
- Experience of drafting documents to a high-quality standard.
- Evidence of working in a dynamic environment where priorities may change at short notice.
- Proven ability to manage, coach and develop a high performing team.
- Experience in leading or managing complex investigations and taking ownership for decision making.
If you feel that this role is for you, please send your CV with a supporting statement (no more than 2 x A4 sides) which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 23 February 2018 at 17:00.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.