Regulatory Compliance Manager
Science Solutions are recruiting for a Regulatory Compliance Manager for an established but growing cosmetics manufacturer with sites based near South London.
You will be coordinating with the New Product Development, Brand and Laboratory teams to ensure compliance of all new and existing products. Reporting to the Laboratory manager you will have full regulatory responsibility and therefore will be experienced and have a proven track record in this field for cosmetic beauty products.
- Working alongside NPD to ensure compliance of all new and existing products with global legislative requirements
- Create and update Product Information Files (PIF)
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors, manufacturers and retailers to solve registration issues in existing and new international markets
- Identify and manage documentary export requirements and liaise with operations to ensure own brand and third-party cosmetic products are accompanied by accurate and complete documentation on despatch
- Maintain and update all relevant information on the internal databases including the 'Creativity' database
- Assist with the substantiation of product claims, including the review of marketing material
- Liaise with the customer service team; monitor and maintain adverse event reporting processes
- Continually improve and upgrade internal processes
- Formulate and disseminate relevant reports
- Develop and maintain effective communication with other departments, including NPD, operations, design, marketing and sales.
Knowledge and experience:
- 3+ years experience within cosmetics or possibly pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Graduate in cosmetic science, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar and have excellent knowledge and experience of European legislative requirements including, CosIng, The Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009, Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC, Inventory of Cosmetic Ingredients, INCI lists and additionally regulatory requirements outside Europe.
- Strong commercial acumen, you will be a self-starter, good at working well on your own, using your initiative and problem solving. Able to organise and prioritise your workload, motivated, and taking responsibility being part of your nature
- Previous experience in regulatory affairs (cosmetics and/or other FMCG) is a definite requirement as the successful person will need to hit the ground running. Experience of working with the 'Creativity' Database is a distinct advantage.
- personal care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job