Regulatory Associate - (Ingredients / Risk Assessment /Toxicology) c32-40k + Strong Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3323
A regulatory executive (toxicology) is urgently required to provide regulatory support and ingredients evaluation within the Regulatory Affairs department across the R&D function of a global company. Working alongside a large team of regulatory professionals and toxicologists you will undertake legal and toxicological ingredient evaluations in accordance with guidelines from the Additives and Materials Guidance Panel (AMGP). You will use your toxicology knowledge to work in a confident and professional manner, protecting the company’s trade secrets/ confidentiality and helping to make assessments of ingredients based on international regulations.
- Applying additive and materials guidance knowledge of legislation affecting the use of ingredients in the evaluation of their products.
- Prepare toxicological risk assessments from first principles for the assessment of new ingredients, materials, products or technologies. Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and training in the area of Product Knowledge, Applied Toxicology and Quantitative Risk Assessment.
- Responsible for the toxicological and legislative evaluation of newly proposed ingredients, materials, products and technologies to ensure stewardship process for innovations is followed under the R&D Policy Framework.
- Assist in ingredient disclosure activities and participate in Product Stewardship exercises to ensure that the company’s internal guidelines are maintained.
- Ensure that confidential disclosures for all ingredients and components in use are accurately recorded on the database and held securely according to departmental procedures.
- Provide guidance for market on legal status of ingredients in particular markets.
- As a regulatory executive in Ingredient Evaluation, you will also develop skills which will enable you to contribute to the generation of external technical reports, publications and presentations.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for toxicological evaluation (including testing requirements) for new categories for review by the senior scientist within Product Stewardship and endorsement by the Product Stewardship Council.
- Actively monitors regulatory and toxicological status of ingredients used products.
- Support global reformulation exercises if the status of an ingredient changes.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Toxicology.
- MSc in Toxicology
- In depth understanding of the principles of Toxicology
- Sound technical background in toxicological assessment of toxicological guidance and legislation relating to regulations and ingredients evaluation in cosmetics, consumer goods (FMCG), food, pharmaceuticals, biopharm, food packaging, toxicology or chemistry is an advantage
- Good IT literacy
- Good communication and planning skills
- Ensure that confidentiality of supplier’s trade secrets is maintained.
- Prior toxicology work/ risk assessment experience an advantage.
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday (pro rata), Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson
- Consumer Goods
- Risk Assessments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job