Regulatory Affairs Officer - Cosmetics
A leading health & beauty manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a Cosmetic Regulatory Officer to join its team. You have the opportunity to be based at their site in central London or in Dorset. As a regulatory officer, your role will be to provide advice and support to the team to ensure cosmetics products meet both UK and international regulations. You must have proven experience providing regulatory affairs expertise for cosmetic products, with particular experience in EU and US regulations.
- Work closely with the product, design and technical teams, as well as the copywriters to ensure all company artworks, formulations, product labels, catalogues and promotional literature are internationally compliant.
- Keep up to date and advise on regulatory requirements for cosmetics (and other categories as relevant) in the UK and existing export markets, in particular, the USA and EU.
- Investigate the requirements in any potential new markets.
- Provide pragmatic and commercial regulatory advice.
- Review relevant company practices and provide advice on changes to systems and procedures.
- Implement processes to ensure best practise within the relevant regulatory area.
- Keep up to date with international legislation, guidelines and international franchise and wholesale practices in all countries that the company is exporting to.
- Analyse complicated information, including clinical and consumer trial data.
- Maintain familiarity with company product ranges and advise the business of any regulatory issues that could affect the product range.
- Advise on acceptable claims for products, catalogues and promotional literature both on-line, verbal and in print.
- Provide strategic advice to senior management throughout the development of new products.
- Review and approve storage, labelling and packaging requirements.
- Gather, evaluate, organise, manage and collate information in a variety of formats.
- Experienced in providing advice for regulatory and compliance issues for cosmetics internationally, with particular experience of the USA and EU regulatory environment.
- Product knowledge and techniques used for claim substantiation essential.
- An interest in or knowledge of organic certification and associated product claims.
- Experience of the regulatory requirements for the sale and export of essential oils would be advantageous.
- Experience of international packaging compliance projects desired.
- Working knowledge of either CLP, GHS, REACH
- Cosmetics - Health & Beauty - CLP - REACH - GHS - MHRA - FDA
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'