We have an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Advisory Manager to join our expanding team in Chatham
OSB are a challenger bank who specialise in specialist lending and retail savings. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last few years, with our UK employee base more than trebling to what is now approaching 500 staff.
The role of Regulatory Advisory Manager will provide practical and clear guidance on how to effectively meet FCA-driven regulatory requirements, helping the business ensure that it implements effective systems and controls (in relation to these requirements) and to escalate any material issues identified.
As Regulatory Advisory Manager, you will
- Contribute to the Group Compliance Function’s identification, assessment, reporting and review of regulatory matters facing the business.
- Provide guidance for regulatory change matters, starting from regulatory horizon identification through to regulatory / business change initiatives and programme resourcing and advice, when required.
- Ensuring that the group and its subsidiaries / business units are provided with requisite assistance for specialist technical regulatory advice and wider FCA-related compliance issues.
- Oversee quality, relevance and appropriateness of Regulatory advice provide to the business by OSB India.
- Liaise with supervisory authorities where required and necessary, and (where specialist technical input is required) provide the Group’s input to consultations, including liaison with industry trade bodies and other key external stakeholders.
- Promote excellent technical advisory standards to all in the organisation and lead through demonstrable performance.
- Provide and communicate a group-view on key compliance advisory policy matters with the aim of developing and / or ensuring consistent policy standards continue to be applied throughout the group.
- Provide the business (and key regulatory compliance projects / programmes) with support and advice in relation to specialist technical interpretation relating to regulatory rules, guidelines and other associated regulatory themes.
- Provide effective advisory functional reporting and ensure matters of concern are escalated to the Head of Compliance & Financial Crime (or their Deputy), or other senior management effectively and as appropriate.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
Why come to work for us?
You would be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression.
The added extras
- Base salary (dependent on experience) £42,000 - 50,000. We have a corporate benefits package which includes: 24 days holiday (increasing with length of service plus holiday purchase scheme); annual discretionary bonus; pension; private medical insurance; season ticket loan; cycle purchase scheme; childcare vouchers.
Am I suitable for this role?
To be successful in this role, you will require….
- Experience working in compliance roles within the financial services industry is essential
- Experience undertaking a regulatory compliance advisory role is essential
- Previous experience undertaking a role involving the identification and interpretation of changing regulatory requirements and providing associated advice is essential
- Theoretical understanding of Senior Manager Regime is essential
If you are interested in the opportunity with us at OSB, please click the 'Apply’ button and send us your CV.
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.