Registration & Booking Clerk
Full Time OR 30hpw
Provide an efficient service within the Central Booking Office maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality at all times.
1. To input or amend details of patient attendances to the hospital using the Lorenzo PAS.
2. To manage and monitor the referral letter tracking system ensuring referral letters are returned from Consultants within 5 days, this will involve liaison with the medical secretaries.
3. To update Lorenzo PAS and ensure all booking processes continue efficiently and effectively. Tasks will include: transferring referrals onto partial booking module, sending invitations for soon and urgent appointments as per procedures, and booking A&E attendances.
4. To deal with all enquiries in an efficient, polite and courteous manner providing a caring, compassionate, helpful service to patients, staff and the general public.
5. Man the appointment Call Centre.
6. Ensure that all clinic capacity is filled but that clinics are not overbooked.
7. Arrange transport and interpreters for patients.
1. 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
OR 2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role.
2. Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel or equivalent.
3. OCR/RSA/GCSE Stage 2 Word Processing/Typing Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent qualification OR a minimum of 6 months word processing experience.