Our client is looking for a Registered Ongology Nurse to assist in a Hospital settting.
We are looking for a highly motivated registered nurse with experience in oncology, specifically the delivery of chemotherapy.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Band 5 / Band 6 (£22,128 to £35,577) - dependent upon experience
Ideally, you will hold a passion for Oncology, and possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Registered Nurse - Adult (with at least 2 years post qualification experience)
- Chemotherapy administration qualification
- Mentorship qualification desirable but not essential
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- To support the delivery of clinical services to Nova Healthcare patients, in relation to Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Brachytherapy, Robot Assisted Surgery and Gamma Knife services as required and with appropriate training if necessary.
- Support the Lead Radiographer with the delivery of nurse led radiotherapy review clinics, assessing patients before and during their treatment and managing their ongoing needs.
- Deliver chemotherapy to patients within agreed protocols and actively review patients during their treatment.
- Support the Gamma Knife service as required.
- Assess patient's clinical, physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological well-being in preparation for treatment, during treatment and after treatment and plan care accordingly in conjunction with medical staff.
- Assist in nurse-led pre-treatment assessments.
- Ensure that patients receive their treatment in an efficient, timely and clinically effective manner following the appropriate guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain accurate records of all care delivered.
- Contribute towards relevant multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and the utmost respect for patients and their carers at all times.
- Assist in the monitoring of standards of care, including clinical audit, reporting any concerns.
- Participate in the review of unit policies / guidelines, and assist in the production of new guidelines / policies.
- Act as a role model to others.
- Ensure revenue capture processes are followed.
- Provide advice regarding clinical services to patients and carers and members of the multi professional team.
- Keep up to date with new developments and treatments and disseminate information and research findings.
- Identify personal training needs and career development in conjunction with your immediate line manager.
- Prepare and actively participate in annual Performance Development Review process and progress reviews.
- The post holder must a flexible approach to workload, be willing to develop their skills and be willing to support Nova Healthcare staff, patients, carers and medical consultants in any way commensurate with the role.
- The post holder must work positively with the Trust to facilitate effective working relationships between Nova Healthcare and Trust staff.