JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse – Mental health
We currently have some unique and exciting opportunities within University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust which will allow the successful candidates to gain regular shifts and valuable experience within a unique environment that has ability to care for people before their birth through to the end of life providing almost any specialism they could need along the way. We have both Fully Flexible Ad Hoc shifts and Long-Term Placement opportunities available within a variety of locations, providing you with the chance to work regular shifts for a guaranteed period of time!
These are fantastic opportunities for talented Mental Health Nurses who share the trusts vision be on the leading edge of healthcare for the benefit of their patients. UHS is a centre of clinical academic excellent where new healthcare professionals are being training and cutting-edge developments being up into practice.
Locations covered: Southampton General Hospital
We have now had our payrates increased to capicitate the growing need for Mental Health trained staff within University Hospitals Southampton.
Band 5 – Example Rate
Day Rate - £16.97 per hour
Night/Sat Rate - £22.06 per hour
Sun/Bank Holiday Rate - £27.15 per hour
Hours and shift are offered on a fully flexible basis, full or part time!
The post holder should be able to:
- To be responsible for the care of assigned patients and to manage, direct and evaluate their care
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of nursing practice, relevant to the clinical area
- Involve and encourage the patients family and friends to be actively involved in the caring process
- Communicate effectively to the Patient, relatives, carers and colleagues
- Provide high standards of nursing care, reflecting the beliefs of professional nursing practice and patient care
- Escalate as required, reporting any incidents/accidents are recorded using the appropriate method
- Complete and maintain accurate patient care records on the electronic patient management system
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
In order to apply for a post you must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role held within the last 2 years and hold NMC Registered Nurse (RN1) qualification.
In order to apply for a post you must:
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role held within the last 2 years
- Have good communication skills and demonstrate evidence of team working
- Be able to take direction and instruction and be honest and trustworthy
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive, weekly pay
- Access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- Paid annual leave and statutory maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so we urge you to ensure your email address submitted is accurate and checked regularly.
Registration with NHS Professionals is subject to employment history and reference checking and offers of registration are therefore conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Registration with NHS Professionals is subject to employment history and reference checking and offers of registration are therefore conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'