Currently recruiting enthusiastic Registered Nurses to join our forward thinking and innovative team in the Exeter area. We need General Nurses who strive to deliver an outstanding level of care, who are reliable and find enjoyment in making a positive change in people’s lives. Some experience in the health & social care industry is preferred but not essential as we have excellent training programs and career development opportunities available for new starters.
Essential skills, criteria and personal characteristics needed:
- valid NMC pin
- 12 months experience
- excellent clinical skills
- caring and kind
- cheerful and friendly
- a passion to provide exceptional care to all patients
- communication skills, including listening
- organisation skills
- observational skills
- experience administering medication within a nursing home
Key Duties, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans and nursing procedures.
- Read, write, contribute to and update Care Plans and keep accurate and legible records and reports.
- Assisting residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- Supervise care staff and to delegate duties and responsibilities to them as necessary for the smooth and safe running of the shift.
- Assisting with End-of-Life Care for residents who are terminally ill.
- Helping with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote residents' physical and mental well-being. To accompany residents on community visits where required and as duty rotas permit.
- Monitor and control residents' nutritional and dietary requirements
- Helping to serve food, assisting residents with eating and drinking as required. To prepare light meals and snacks if required, liaising with kitchen staff as necessary.
- Caring for residents who may be temporarily sick or needing nursing procedures. To be responsible for the handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all medicines during the shift in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
- Monitoring residents' conditions, and report any changes to the Matron as necessary and/or liaise with GP’s, Pharmacists, Care Managers and other health care professionals as appropriate.
If there is a requirement not covered in this advert, we always endeavor to listen to everyone needs and happy to negotiate terms which best suit you.
Please contact Matthew Drew as he will be happy to advise on the next steps and how to move forwards.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Manual Handling
- Personal Care
- Nursing Homes