Our Canterbury branch has vacancies for well-trained Registered General Nurse (RGN/RN1) with at least 6 months post qualification experience to work in a variety of care settings including nursing and care homes in Herne Bay, Faversham, Whitable and the surrounding Kent region.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Nurse Role
You will need to have experience working in a nursing role previously, i.e. in either acute, hospital and ward environments or care, nursing and residential homes.
You will be providing exceptional nursing care to nursing and care homes clients in and around the local area. It is essential that you have excellent clinical skills and the confidence to work with a variety of clients, but we would never ask you to work outside of your skill base.
As a Newcross Nurse, you can work in a range of different settings including: hospitals, nursing and care homes and within the community.
In order to ensure you always have enough work, you should be willing to travel around the local surrounding areas. Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.The Benefits
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Salary of up to £25.43/hr including holiday pay
- Revalidation support through a local line manager and Clinical Governance team.
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Enter code 'NursePlatinum'when you apply to claim this exclusive offer.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- Full driving licence and car essential due to various client locations.
Our Canterbury branch is based at St Andrews House on Station Road East opposite Canterbury Castle which was built just after the Battle of Hastings. It is a popular tourist attraction in the city being second to Canterbury Cathedral. We are just down the road from the local train station and easily reachable by car or bus. We provide nursing and HCA work to all areas of Kent from Faversham in the West, Margate in the East, and Dover in the South.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use code NursePlatinum to claim your platinum package.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.
- part time
- full time
- general nurse
- registered general nurse
- registered nurse
- kent nursing
- Herne bay care