BMI Southend Hospital in Westcliff on Sea is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Ophthalmic department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Registered nurse or ODP with or without endoscopy experience but with an interest in this specialty.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Fully qualified nurse with NMC Registration.
- Abide by the NMC Code of Conduct and Company/Hospital policies and procedures preserving the patient's dignity and right to confidentiality.
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- Highly motivated with evidence of continued professional development
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- Act as a role model for the ward team to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards; and in accordance with Best Practice
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
*Please note successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS / PVG Check prior to employment.