Job Title: RGN / RMN Staff Nurse
Facility: Young Adults with Complex Mental and Physical Health Needs
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire
Salary: £27,000-£30,000+ & Benefits (£14.75 rising to £16.16)
Contract: Permanent, Part time or Full time, Days and Nights Available.
Working in an outstanding service providing care for service users with mental and physical health needs, we are currently looking for qualified nurses who are passionate about ensuring that our Service Users are provided with quality care within a great, fun working environment. Regular days out and fun events are important stimulation for the service users, so the service aims to make these as routine as possible.
From day one in this position you will receive outstanding support within your new position - it's definitely not sink or swim. You'll have a week long induction period in a classroom environment, where you'll be brought up to speed with procedures and processes. Then, during you first shifts in the new facility, you'll have shadow support and management on hand to help ensure your first few weeks are as smooth as possible.
As a Registered Nurse, there is a maturity and freedom within the role, and there is a welcoming team already in place for you to fit into! You'll be responsible for the including:
· Assessing care needs
· Delivering hands-on nursing care
· Developing, implementing and evaluating care programmes
· Communicating with service users, relatives, visitors and other professionals
· Supervising team members to ensure that the shift runs smoothly and efficiently
· Participating in the training of care assistants and others
· Acting as a named nurse
· Administering, reviewing and monitoring medication
· Positive promoting the reputation of the home
· Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
· Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
· Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
While the role does come with responsibilities, the attributes needed for this role above all are hard-working, a positive attitude and a great sense of humour! Continuing the great atmosphere already established is a very important part of making this role a success, and we are definitely looking for someone to proceed to make the facility a fun place to work! Benefits:
Starting on Day 1 you will receive an outstanding 7 day induction, outside of the facility environment. You will be brought up to date on procedures and policies within the organisation in a safe environment, before starting shadow shifts. Other benefits include
- Employment package accounts with RCNi (to assist with re-validation),
- Numerous training "train the trainer" courses,
- Perkz - Market-leading Offers and discounts on High street and online retailers.
Person Specification: We are seeking Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Registered Learning Disability Nurses (RNLD) or Registered General Nurses (RGN) with an ACTIVE, CLEAR NMC PIN. You must have a positive work ethos, and want to make a realistic, visible change in the lives of the service users.
All applicants must have a valid NMC pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK without restriction.
Please get in touch to learn more: either at or call me on , Thank you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job