Registered Nurse -Trauma and Orthopaedics
Salary up to £29,000
One of my clients is actively looking for a number of RGN's to join their busy Trauma and Orthopaedics team based in the South of
Hampshire. Trauma & Orthopaedics is a dynamic, forward thinking specialty within the Surgical Directorate. As a member of the friendly and caring team, you will be supported in gaining additional and enhanced clinical skills, along with dedicated guidance for you to map out career pathways and explore new avenues.
Your personal development is taken very seriously by all members of the senior nursing team within Trauma & Orthopaedics. Not only do our client offer professional and personal development, they are also offering a clinical supervision and coaching programme as they recognise the importance of this resource against the backdrop of busy ward environments.
Our client is able to offer a supportive and friendly environment led by a Clinical Matron and supported by a Senior Sister. The Clinical leads work alongside staff, supporting them to meet their potential. Day to day, the unit is led by an experienced team of junior sisters /charge nurses.
provide regular teaching sessions and you will be encouraged and enabled to attend an orthopaedics course which includes:
- Best practice in fracture management
- Overview of the Musculoskeletal system
- Management of patients with spinal injury
- Managing patients with casts and traction
- Pain management (including PCAs and epidural management).
All newly qualified nurses are allocated a place on our preceptorship programme as soon as they start. The Preceptorship Programme offered at Hampshire Hospitals is an excellent opportunity to begin your nursing career within a friendly, supportive and caring environment. You will be given study leave, a named experienced nurse mentor to support you through the programme and a dedicated facilitator who oversees the programme to ensure you receive continuous support and learning opportunities.
The successful candidate for this Registered Nurse vacancy will have the following:
- Registered nurse with current NMC registration
- Evidence of experience within a Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Good interpersonal skills with all members of the multidisciplinary team, patients, relatives and visitors to the ward
- Knowledge and experience in staff development; including individual performance and training
For more information and or to apply please call Jenna O'Rourke on and or email