Job title: Registered Nurse (RN / RGN) -Nights
Location: Southampton (SO30)
Salary: £17.10 - £19.00 p/h
Benefits include: Excellent training and development opportunities, uniform, free parking and refer a friend scheme
Our client, a well-established Care Home situated in the outskirts of Southampton, is currently looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join their highly skilled Care team, providing the highest standards of person centred, residential, nursing and dementia care for each Service User.
As the Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for the Home, its Residents and staff, maintaining a quiet, calm atmosphere in the Home and, by encouragement and example, foster a happy team spirit to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Residents.
The successfully appointed Registered Nurse will provide high quality clinical / management leadership to the care staff team and deliver care to residents in a professional, caring manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the provision and quality of nursing care
- To support and share with other staff the delivery of personal care which meets the needs of the residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and empowerment
- To act in a supporting role to the Home Manager or Deputy Manager in all aspects of the Home Management, including taking charge in the absence of senior staff and being accountable
- To provide leadership and supervision and staff development/training of a team of healthcare assistants as directed
- To share with other staff in meeting the personal, physical and psychological care needs of the residents in a way that respects the dignity and privacy of the individual and promotes independence
- To comply with the NMC guidelines/regulations
All trained staff will be expected to help with in-service training and unqualified staff and to keep abreast of own current post registration training.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Registered Nurse Level 1 or equivalent
- Previous experience within a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential
- A committed and organised approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible to work shifts
How to apply
To apply for the position of Registered Nurse please click on 'Apply’ and upload your full CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job