Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
Knightstone Ward is a specialist inpatient service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder. The service is supported by Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) throughout and staff on Knightstone Ward have been fully trained in this specialist therapy.
Milton Ward is our female low secure mental health service, providing a recovery focused care pathway for women with complex needs. Most service users on Milton will have a forensic background.
The ward can support up to 16 women and helps service users develop their independence and coping skills and gain insight into their illness. The aim is to help people move on to a less secure environment with a step towards community integration.
As a Registered Nurse (RMN / RNMH / RNLD) joining our nursing cohort at Cygnet Health Care, you will become part of a team that is focused on delivering exceptional care in a high quality environment. You will be working alongside other dedicated nurses who are keen to develop themselves as you are.
Proud of our recent nomination in the National Patient Safety Awards, we offer a range of therapies to women with personality disorders, behavioural and self-harm issues. While our male service helps those with dual or multiple diagnoses, including substance misuse and personality disorder.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Registered Nurse (RMN / RNMH / RNLD) to join our multidisciplinary team. You’ll be experienced in caring for patients with a range of mental health issues and be recovery focused. A clear determination to support service users at this exciting stage of their treatment, you’ll help prepare them for more independent living in the community. A drive to improve clinical quality and consistently provide the highest level of care is paramount. In return you’ll be given training and tailored professional development opportunities. You’ll also receive excellent staff benefits. Cygnet Healthcare has a clear nursing strategy which has been developed by front line staff. Our clinical care is underpinned by strong values and we have a commitment to reducing restrictive practice.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programs of care with a focus on risk assessment / management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner
• Report any ill health amongst patients and make requests for R.M.O/GP/Professional visits where necessary
• Support empowerment of patients having regard for their dignity rights whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care
• Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
We are looking for people who:
• Are newly Qualified or an Experienced Registered Nurse (RMN / RNMH / RNLD) with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
• Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
In return we will offer you:
• RCNi membership
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you a Registered Nurse (RMN / RNMH / RNLD) ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please click the link to apply.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job